BUILD, SPLIT, OR RE-DO THIS DOUBLE LOT ON THE STRAND
The property known as 2722 The Strand is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a new owner to build, divide, expand, or restore. At 6,967 square-feet, it is one of the largest oceanfront double lots in highly-desirable and world-famous Manhattan Beach. A double lot is so rare a commodity, that the City says there are only 8 other double lots in all of Manhattan Beach’s Sand Section (and only one triple lot and two one-and-a-half lots). This double lot is also sited on a corner, making its prospects brighter (literally) and its possibilities more infinite. Panoramic views of sky, sand, and the Pacific roll out directly in front of and off to both sides of the property. Catalina Island, and the cites of Santa Monica, Palos Verdes, and Malibu are visible to the naked eye. Nothing stands (or ever will stand) between this property and the surf, which is merely 450-feet away at low-tide.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY
The immediate area has seen a steady stream of ground-up single-family and condominium construction, as well as a fair amount of extensive renovation to existing architecture. According to preliminary research at the City level, this 2722 The Strand’s lot could be developed into a single home of over 11,000 square-feet. Because of its almost one-of-kind provenance as a double lot, it could be divided into two lots and two new single-family homes could be developed. There is also the possibility of building a two to three-unit condominium building on the site. Research also indicates the possibility of subterranean parking for up to 18 cars. A one-and-a-half lot fixer home sold earlier this summer on The Strand for $21,000,000 (remember, 2722 is a DOUBLE lot).
NOW AND FOREVER
As it currently sits, the 6,025 square-foot residence at 2722 The Strand is and eight-bedroom, nine-bathroom structure on three levels (see FLOOR & SITE PLANS tab for exposition). It’s a versatile mid-century structure that has main and guest quarters, an interior courtyard, walls of glass, offices, and parking for up to 10 cars. Views of the ocean abound from nearly every room, including the living and dining rooms. The home has two kitchens (plus one kitchenette); one with newer stainless-steel appliances, Caesarstone and granite counter tops. The home’s master suite has a private balcony with ocean views. The house has two offices and a large laundry room. The home is currently rented at a peak-season price of $18,000 per month (off-season at $15,000 per month). 2722 The Strand is located in the Manhattan Beach School District (www.greatschools.org),(www.walkscore.com) which consistently ranks (“10 of 10”) as one of the top in Southern California. Over 60 restaurants, bars, coffee shops are within one mile of the property (see NEIGHBORHOOD tab for elaboration). It is minutes from 2722 The Strand to LAX, Silicon Beach, and multiple commuter transit lines.
Get ready to corner the market on this unprecedented real estate opportunity.
- Expansive 6,976 sq.ft. double lot (one of only 9 in the Sand Section of The Strand)
- Rare corner lot location allowing for easier ingress and egress
- Beachfront property (450-feet to the water at low-tide)
- Unobstructed, panoramic Pacific Ocean views
- Catalina Island, Santa Monica, Palos Verdes, and Malibu are visible to the naked eye
- Development opportunity to build two homes, one home in excess of 11,000 sq.ft., or a condominium project (2-3 units)
- Restore or expand existing architecture
- Subterranean parking for 18 cars is a possibility
- Currently a 6,025 sq.ft. 8BR/9BA residence with parking for 10 cars
- Current rent: $18,000 per mo. ($15,000 off-peak season)
- Highly-desired Manhattan Beach School District
- Over 60 restaurants, bars, coffee shops and entertainment possibilities within 1 mile
- Minutes from LAX, Silicon Beach, and multiple commuter transit lines
If it's raining, you'll be singing in the rain.