3 Beds • 3 Baths • 1,622 SF • 13,709 SF Lot • HUNTING LODGE CHARM • SPARKLING POOL | DECK • $1,649,000 SOLD
HISTORIC 1910 LAUREL CANYON HUNTING LODGE WITH POOL
According to public records, this 1910 hunting lodge was one of the original homes constructed in historic Laurel Canyon (see NEIGHBORHOOD tab for area history). Although the three-bedroom, three-bathroom residence now features all of today’s modern conveniences, it still looks like a pastoral painting from the turn of the last century.
Sited up on the rise of one of the canyon’s hills, details of the period still prevail: hand-laid stone paths, wooden shingles, diamond grille windows, peg-and-groove hardwood floors, beamed ceilings, and a free-standing stone fireplace bring the past flowing into the present day.
Through the living room’s Dutch door, walls of windows create the feeling of a tree house. Gentle breezes and natural light fill the space. Living flows to dining and into the home’s impressive kitchen.
Made for the at-home master cook, the kitchen showcases high-end stainless-steel appliances (including wine refrigeration), a pasta pot filler, double-ovens, “moon stone” Caesarstone-brand counters, glass upper cabinetry, and dual sinks. The kitchen’s center island makes kitchen conversations and breakfast dining a possibility. All of the centers around the home’s impressive fireplace.
Outside the kitchen is a spacious deck for outdoor entertaining. This area’s centerpiece is a fire pit that will warm even the coolest of evenings. There is plenty of room for al fresco dining or lounging under the spreading tree branches high above.
A guest bedroom with access to a bathroom with a step-in shower are also on this main level.
Upstairs is the home’s large master suite, which is comprised of a bedroom with a rustic beam floating overhead, a walk-in closet, and a master bathroom with a tub and shower combination.
On the same floor is another guest bedroom and bathroom with its own bathtub and shower combination.
Indoor-outdoor living is possible not only because of the home’s ample entertaining deck, but because of a yard area (perfect for play) and a pool area. The house’s over-sized pool is almost lap-length and is surrounded by a fenced pool deck. This pool and its surrounding areas are bigger than that of local apartment buildings. It’s like having your own private resort pool—to yourself.
Parking is never a problem here, either. A two-car garage is accompanied by multiple off-street, gated parking spaces.
BONUS ALERT: This home is located in the highly sought-after WONDERLAND school district, which routinely out-ranks almost all of L.A. Unified’s elementary schools. The school is walking-distance from this residence.
The neighborhood – mostly populated by storied 1920s Spanish, Colonial, Tutor, Mid-century, and Storybook homes - is a safe and quiet area that's a joy to explore on foot.
Located in “lower Laurel,” the property is centrally-located with a 20-minute drive to either Downtown or Burbank, 15-minutes to Beverly Hills, and 10-minutes to The Grove.
- 3BR/3BA 1,622 sq.ft. home on 13,709 sq.ft. lot
- Highly-desired Wonderland School District (walkable distance)
- Expansive lot with substantial set-back from street
- Remote-operated secured entrance with phone connectivity
- Generous off-street parking
- Charming covered porch entrance with Dutch door
- Living room with beamed ceilings, diamond grille glass windows, stone fireplace, and peg-and-groove hardwood floors
- Dining room features a crystal chandelier
- Chef’s kitchen with high-end stainless-steel Thermador appliances (including wine refrigeration), pasta pot filler, double-ovens, “moon stone” Caesarstone-brand counters, glass upper cabinetry, dual sinks, and center island
- Built-in laundry machines
- Master suite (second floor) with walk-in wardrobe, custom built-ins, and spa-quality bathroom with tub/shower combination
- Two spacious guest rooms with access to bathrooms
- Sparkling heated pool (gated)
- Custom-built entertaining deck with fire pit
- Newer HVAC with Nest thermostat
- Close to all the area has to offer
Representation by Jeff Yarbrough / L.A. Luxe Group / Keller Williams Realty
Photography by Shel Mosk